Monday, April 4, 2011

random pictures I’ve missed

swim lesson - sophieOne of Sophie’s birthday presents from us was swimming lessons, here she is ready to get in on her 1st day!  Isn’t her suit the cutest?  I really love it.  Since that day, she has decided that swimming is scary and wouldn’t even get in the water last week, when the teacher forced her out, Sophie screamed her lungs out (remember she’s 4, very loud!).  And her teacher told her sit in time out until she could calm down, screaming was not acceptable.  She never did calm down and even after I begged her then threatened all sorts of punishments if she choose not to swim (no TV/movies, no treats, time-out and spankings from Dad)  she choose the punishments and accepted them without hesitation or complaint afterwards.  I don’t know what to do with her!  Her last lesson is on Saturday so please let me know if you have any bright ideas.

 magic carpet- soph tessmovie night w dad

On a happier note, here’s Sophie and Tessa playing magic carpet one morning!  They are starting to play so well together.

And here’s a picture of our new family tradition that Dan invented.  He calls it “the party nest,” on Friday nights he brings out all the pillows and blankets and we watch a fun movie together, the girls love it.  And here for your enjoyment are their “silly faces” they asked me to take a picture of the other day during breakfast.

silly face - soph silly face - tess

5 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Great pictures! I would say that you need a different teacher for Sophie. That doesn't sound like a good approach! Did Tessa get a haircut? Great new tradition! Does Dan clean it all up after?

Pat said...

I am sorry the swimming lessons didn't go as you hoped, but she does have a fantastic suit.

Jenny Kendall said...

Sorry about the swimming lessons. I think your best approach is to stop pushing. Maybe if you weren't there watching she'd be more likely to enter the water. My experience with kids her age and power struggles is that they are 10 times worse with Mom there. If you want to know more about what I mean, give me a call. I have plenty of examples.

Cieslak Family said...

What?!!! Sophie, that fish/girl from days of yore doesn't like swimming? I'm calling you out on this bluff... I remember her at Classic Water Slides - there was no keeping her out of the water!

Cami said...

Your girls are adorable! Maybe Sophie just needs more time to warm up to the idea of swimming and lessons. Love the party nest - what a fun family tradition!