Wednesday, April 13, 2011

I’ve been cobbling

Not sure if cobbling is a word… but the spell checker isn’t highlighting it, so I say it is!  I have been having SO MUCH fun with a few new patterns I purchased on Etsy here.  I did make my own pattern awhile back, but had inconsistent success with it, so when I saw this one I decided that it was totally worth spending $4 to snatch it up!  I kind of wish I were a cobbler, because these shoes are so much fun to make!  It’s like all I want to do lately.

shoes collage

I know we’re having a boy (every time I make a pair of girls’ shoes and show Dan he raises his eyebrows and asks, “WHY did you make those?”) I plan to make more shoes for our little guy, but we’ve still got 3 1/2 months until he’ll be around! So I’ve been cobbling shoes for some of my favorite baby girls first since they can wear them right away.  Anyway, I was too excited about them not to share.  I totally recommend these patterns, easy to follow, and all of her tips and tricks make them almost fool-proof.

P.S. Tracy, I totally need to make some of these for Lucy!  Please comment or email me her size and what color (I have almost every color).

9 comments:

Jenelle said...

Wow, I LOVE them! Great job! You never cease to amaze me. I love the colors you used.

mommaquincy said...

Nice work Jess! They are very cute! You should sell them on Ebay! You are getting so close to the under 100 days mark!

Nicole said...

Those are adorable! I'm so jealous of your craftiness! You're such a super-mom to have time to do that!

Cole and Mindy Smith said...

oh my goodness.....I can't wait to get my little mittens on those! I want to buy a pattern...let me know which one you love, and I'll soon love it too! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow the shoes on the top left are ADORABLE!! Love, love them!

Mandy @ Raising Little Dudes said...

Those are too cute! I wish I could sew, I try and it horrible! When /if I ever have a girl I'm hiring you to make her shoes....until then I'll dream!

Nate and Kim said...

Those shoes are soo cute! I need you to show me how to make a pair. I wish I was as crafty as you are.

Muffy said...

As many have said before me, those shoes are super cute! Way to go at inventing a new word! :D

Emily said...

Wow! I love, love, LOVE all of those! They are all so fun! You are so creative and talented. Great job!