Egg Hunt
Sophie was like a MACHINE at the Easter egg hunt this year! From the moment the kids were released Sophie was out in front with the big kids just running her little heart out and grabbing every egg in sight, not missing a thing. She stuffed her basket with as many eggs as possible without falling out. Tessa was much more relaxed and needed encouragement and direction.
Tessa was the only one who came and ate lunch with me on the blanket. Dan was playing basketball and Sophie was on the playground. Tessa wasn’t the most jovial companion, but she had her reasons… Poor kid needed to go potty but there was no potty at the park (mom forgot to bring her small potty) and she was no where near as excited about going under the tree as her sister was when I first presented the idea to her. She did eventually do it though, I was very thankful she didn’t go in her underwear (although that hasn’t seemed to bother her one bit the last few days!)
This is my girls’, especially Tessa’s, favorite activity at the park: climbing the slide! It was freezing cold that morning, notice I made Tessa wear jeans under her dress but I couldn’t get her keep her coat on. This is a common battle between Tessa and I, it’s all because she doesn’t want to cover up her “pretty dress,” and she wears a dress everyday. She’s so funny.
Easter Morning
The princess lip gloss was a bit hit. Sophie does a pretty good job putting it on, Tessa’s problem is her follow through onto her cheeks. Plus she would continue application forEVER if allowed, after 10 min or so I have to take it away before she ingests too much.
So pretty!
Dan is a tease and Sophie loves it.
Getting ready for church! I really wanted a picture of us all in curlers, so I decided to try the timer for this photo since Dan was in the shower. It is hard on my ego to post pictures of my chubby belly though, just wanted you to know the sacrifice I’m making. :)
I love these skirts their Grandma sent, I had considered making some for Easter but ran out of time. It was an answer to my prayers to receive these in the mail! They are exactly what I would have chosen. Thank you Nina!!
I covered a couple old headbands we had lying around in white fabric and made felt flowers to glue on top, they turned out pretty ok.
I love these girls so much! It was a good Easter.









4 comments:
How fun! Luckily it will be too warm for Tessa's coat soon. The skirts are very cute! I love the headbands! It looks like the Easter bunny made it to the Chapman's!! Your belly is very small for a pregnant lady! Not quite as big as mine yet!
Um, it's not a chubby belly, Jess.....it's a baby! You don't have any chub on you. You're girls are darling. This little boy is in for a big adventure with those girls. I'm sure he'll be the doll that gets dressed with pretty bows and lipstick all the time.
Lol, I love the curlers picture. So cute! And I didn't even notice your belly until I read what your wrote. Even then, it's still not even noticeable. As I said the other day, you always look so cute pregnant or not. :)
What pretty girls!!! next year you will have a beautiful boy to put in the middle of them!!
Post a Comment