I talked Dan into taking half the day off on Saturday so we could go to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science, since admission was FREE for the day. Yes, it was quite crowded but manageable. For some reason I enjoy things better when they are free, it's like having low expectations for a movie... you're just more likely to like it! Our first stop was to the Space Odyssey where Dan found a few interactive games, he was
very excited to find a joy stick! Sophie and my favorite part was the Astro Tot area. I liked it because of the great photo opportunity. They had little astronaut outfits to dress the kids in. Here's Sophie in a commander jump suit. Sophie liked the toys, especially the bear she's holding in the pic and the moon rocks (not in the pic). Notice the fire coming out of her jet pack, that was Dan's favorite part.
We also visited a bunch of Wildlife Exhibits where they have these amazing life size animal displays behind glass. It's a lot like walking through the zoo really except the animals don't move. It was actually great for Sophie since she had a hard time spotting the animals at the zoo last time we went. 
There were also these Russian Gem Sculptures which were awesome. I don't know how they found rocks just the right colors for everything, they were fun to look at. I was glad Dan could take a little time to hang out with us, it wouldn't have been the same without him! I need to do better at supporting him, I feel like I am always trying to talk him into coming home and to stop studying. Isn't that terrible? I just miss him so much, I'm trying to be strong. Just a few more weeks, I can't hardly wait!










9 comments:
I feel ya! I only see Ryan 2 maybe 3 nights a week. It's hard! And he's not even in school.
I love free days! Who cares about the crowd, it's FREE: right? Loved the pics. Trust me, I'm the same way when John has to work extra hours.
Looks like fun!!! I love the picture of Sophie in the jump suit. She reminds me of that adorable little "who" on the original "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas."
Her hair looks like it's getting long. What a cute little girl!!!
Looks like an awesome place! Sophie is definitely the cutest astronaut I've ever seen. Poor Dan must be missing his X-Box maybe even as much as you've been missing him.
Looks like fun! Sophie's so cute! I can't believe how long her hair is getting! Can't wait to see you guys in a month!
I love the museum of Nature and Science. It is so much fun even for adults! I hope we get to go one more time before we leave. It looks like Dan has had a little too many video games (or maybe studying) lately. :) I also love Sophie's costume!
Oh my word! She is so cute in that space outfit! You have a darling little girl. Sounds like a fun time!
Isn't it such a bummer that our husbands have to always be studying? :( We're torn between being so proud of them & wanting them to be around more! Hang in there, it's almost over! Then we should make some plans to hang out so we can see cute Sophie in person :) Love the astronaut pic
I love it! I need to find a few new places to go around here for family outings. Everyone needs to take a break from studying for a little fun every once in a while. Especially if you get to spend time with such a cute astronaught
Post a Comment