Tuesday, July 20, 2010

* Lakewood on Parade * July 3rd

We brought the cutest kids to the fair, no doubt.

fair - Lily smile

I think it’s worth mentioning that the kitty Sophie is holding I got for $1 at an estate sale that morning.  I want to learn how to refinish furniture so I went out garage sale-ing for my first time since I was a kid looking for some cheap pieces to learn on.  I didn’t get furniture that day.  But I have got a $10 dresser since then I will post pictures of as soon as I get around to painting it.

 fair - sophie new sword!  fair - Tessa cheeto fingers

There were a lot of art activities and games for the kids to play but we didn’t want to wait in line.  So we just got our food, and hung out on the bleachers waiting for the fireworks.  We did catch some Doggie Dancing and a bird show while waiting.  Matt and Dan were really disappointed in the dogs, they thought it was going to be trick show… not old ladies dancing with their dogs to music.  But my girls thought it was great!  Tessa is really into babies, she always wants to hold Lily.

fair - sophie kiss face fair - tess hugging lily

fair - tess and jess

Lakewood on parade was fun… not the classiest of events, but it free, had plenty of mullets, good food and fun times for our family.  So that’s a success!  Plus it was on Saturday before the 4th, which we appreciate since our Sunday’s are devoted to church. 

 fair - fireworks blue and white fair - fireworks green fair - fireworks red fair - fireworks white

Both the girls really enjoyed the fireworks.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

Definitely the cutest kids for sure! You look great too, your hair and skin are gorgeous!

mommaquincy said...

I'm sure that the girls like dog dancing because of doing "Who Let the Dogs Out" on Just Dance with me!

Jessica said...

That's funny you would mention that mom! Because Sophie sang, "Who Let the Dogs Out" all the way to the bleachers after I told her we were going to watch a dog show. You have such an influence on her!

Cami said...

That picture of Lily is so stinkin cute. I might just have to steal it :) I'm glad someone liked the dancing dogs!