Saturday, July 24, 2010

almost there!

 

I need to take a break from the chronological for just a moment (I have a bunch of pictures from the Quincy Reunion trip to post) and bring some attention to the NOW.  Dan is studying his brains out, not literally we hope, for the Bar Exam he’s taking next week.  This poor man not only endured 3 years of law school but now an additional (and expensive) 2 month bar prep course that mandated almost all his time.  And it is coming to the end, he is ALMOST THERE!  The test is next Tuesday and Wednesday, so wish him luck!

stuyding for the bar - Soph holding dan

This week has been awful, he is off to school by 7AM and returns home around 9PM.  And he studies after coming home for another hour or two after that.  Can you imagine studying for that long?  I just want to cry thinking about it.  I know I couldn’t do it.  I think the prospect of having to do it all over again keeps him studying for longer and longer, just in case.  He does need breaks though and a chance to see the kids so we’ve happily brought him a picnic dinner to the law school most nights for some family time. 

Wednesday was his birthday and that didn’t change his study habits one bit, when I sent him a message at 8AM to wish him happy birthday he replied, “Oh yeah, I forgot.”  We decided previously to celebrate his birthday AFTER the bar but it just felt wrong to ignore his birthday completely.  So the girls and I surprised him by bringing birthday treats to school… and then quickly leaving so he could get back to work.  I had planned to get cupcakes but Sophie and Tessa choose little cookies with character rings in the frosting.

stuyding for the bar - dan bday ironman ringstuyding for the bar - dan bday outside 

stuyding for the bar - dan bday tess cookie mouth stuyding for the bar - dan bday soph hug

There is a lot of love in these hugs and smiles for their Daddy.  We are so proud of him and grateful for the sacrifices he is making for our family!  I know it will pay off.  You can do it honey!!!

dan is awesome

I passed by this little machine on our way to the restrooms in Macy’s this week.  I don’t know what it is… but it speaks the truth!  This is how I found it, didn’t type that in myself.  I had to take a picture with my phone and send it to Dan right away.

And, randomly… I’d like to add a few pictures I’ve wanted to blog but don’t know where to fit them in, so I figure at the bottom of this blog is as good a place as any.  Before I forget.

{I’m working with Sophie on going potty all on her own these days and since Tessa gets in on the treat afterwards, Sophie decided that Tess should participate in the work!  She drags Tessa in to sit on the princess potty (fully clothed) a few times a day.  I don’t care what it is, it’s cute when they do stuff together!}  {This elaborate contraption Dan put together one night in our old apartment because we couldn’t get the alarm to stop beeping.  You can’t see it but the alarm key pad is on the column in the right of the picture and he’s used couch cushions cinched down with an ace bandage and added pressure from the bug cushions and chair, to muffle the noise.  I laughed so hard in the morning when I saw this.}

potty partners alarm beeping remedy

Sophie likes to put her face in the leg holes of Tessa’s pool floatee.  My beautiful Sophie, what a funny little goof!

 whale face Sophie whale face Sophie 2

Have a good week!!

4 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

Ugh...I feel your pain! The last few weeks have been awful! Nathanael leaves at 8:00 and gets back around midnight. I am so ready for this dumb bar exam to be OVER WITH! I'm sure Dan will do great, but good luck nonetheless! Just a few more days and it really will all be over. YAY!

mommaquincy said...

Poor Dan! And poor you never having time with him! Its a good thing you enjoy your girls! Good luck Danman!

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

I hear ya....Jason leaves the house at 7 and does not return until 10!!!I can't wait until the bar is OVER and I have a husband back. Good luck to Dan on Tues and Wed!

Inspired said...

Go Dan! Go Jessica! Go Dan! I really love that picture of Sophie and Dan at the beginning...so appropriate! I also don't blame him for studying so hard! I wouldn't want to do it all over again either!