Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Cherry Creek Art festival and Jessica’s rant

cc art - dress

 

We braved the heat and visited the Cherry Creek Art festival this year.  We got there just after it opened but it was already packed!  They have hundreds of booths for artists of all different types from around the world, photography, painting, pottery, sculptures, there were even kaleidoscopes and chunks of glass.  We didn’t get through a quarter of the booths before my girls were too tired and we had to go.  This dress is the only piece I got a picture of, my girls were too high maintenance.  But we saw some way cool stuff!

 

 

This “orange superman” (as Sophie called him) was just there for you to take pictures with.  Dan said he was actually really funny and put them in the “sexy pose.”  As a joke Dan asked if he could hold him, the guy didn’t even flinch and picked Dan right up and posed for the camera!

cc art - dan and matt sexy pose cc art - dan being held

We all laughed, except for Sophie.  She was so scared of this superman impersonator and she didn’t like that her dad an uncle were that close to him, look at her frown, she was upset!  Tessa fell asleep only for a moment after lunch and then cried all the way to the car.  Poor baby.  It’s not he fair’s fault my girls were being bums they had stuff for kids, it was just an off day I guess.

 cc art - soph sad cc art - tess sleep

We went to lunch at a really yummy crepe cafe in Cherry Creek.  It was crowded because of the festival and my girls had HAD IT with this place and were really acting up and LOUD.  I was mortified.  You know how I said the Lakewood fair wasn’t very classy?  Well Cherry Creek is the opposite, it’s a very hoity toity kind of place.  We had the only kids there and boy did I get some nasty glares!  Why is it that rich people don’t have kids?  Dan told me the other day that as income goes down the number of kids goes up.  I wonder what the correlation is.  What comes first?  Are they rich because they don’t have kids?  Or do they not have kids because they are rich (both working)?  I guess they are too self-centered.  Ok, just kidding, that can’t be it… but really, why?  I was just so self-conscious since it felt like no one there understood what I was going through.  And I only have 2 kids!  I can’t imagine what it’ll be like when I have 3 or 4, yikes.  Oh well, not my problem I guess.  They can judge me all they want, I’m still going to the festival! :)  Moms are people too.

cc art - cami and lily

Wow, sorry about that tangent!  Keeping my opinion to myself hasn’t ever been a talent of mine.  Anyway, the festival was fun!  I’d like to go again.

3 comments:

Kristen said...

What a bummer your kids were having an off day. Sometimes people are so rude, they think kids are accessories not joys of life. Also, I think that the amount of children go up as income goes down for a number of reasons, one they can't afford birth control, many religions don't believe in the use of birth control of any kind, and a lot of low income homes are minorities. Not all of them are minorities obviously, but most are.

mommaquincy said...

I think that you have chosen the better part! You can't take your money with you! Your girls just need their naps! They are really good kids as long as they get their sleep!

Cami said...

Those wire dresses were really cool. I kind of wish I would have taken more pictures of the art. There was some really cool stuff. And don't worry about your kids. People will think what they want, but I was there and they really weren't that bad.