Tuesday, June 8, 2010

the monkey hat

The night of Dan’s graduation we went out to eat at Texas Roadhouse.  I had really wanted to check out a local place called White Fence Farms I’ve heard so much about but the wind (and everyone’s allergies) were horrendous and since a big pull for that place is outside (the animals, playground and garden) we changed our plans.  We enjoyed the food and company at the roadhouse though!

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse sophies balloon dog dan's graduation - texas roadhouse tom the good sport

There was a balloon artist walking around the restaurant and asked Sophie what she wanted.  She asked for a blue dog, you could tell the guy was thinking, “EASY.”  He was about to walk away and I was kicking Dan from under the table to give the guy a tip, he mis-interpreted my kick and asked him to make something for his dad since it was his birthday.  He asked Tom what animal he would like, Tom choose a monkey.  He started to make the monkey when I remembered this hat our friend Zach got on his birthday.  So I said, “could you make it into an awesome hat?”  The balloon guy smiled, “a challenge!”  We all thought it was the most awesome monkey hat we’ve ever seen.  And I love Tom all the better that he wore it and even made a monkey face for the picture.  What a good sport!

Here’s some of other pictures I took while we were there, enjoy.

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse cake time! dan's graduation - texas roadhouse jess and nedra

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse my parents dan's graduation - texas roadhouse the lawrences

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse jess and tess dan's graduation - texas roadhouse sophie likes cake dan's graduation - texas roadhouse dan's knife

Restaurant table shots are just always awkward!  I don’t know why I keep trying.  I did just too much lean and got lost in this one.

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse group shot

Tess, sort of makes out with her baby dolls, it’s very cute.  She also is a funny eater.  Notice in the second picture I offered her cake on the plate, she tried some and opted for the tomatoes in the cup instead!  Crazy kid.

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse tess kissing her baby dan's graduation - texas roadhouse tess choose tomatoes

Tessa and my dad totally became buddies during this visit.  I love them both and love seeing them love each other just as much.

dan's graduation - texas roadhouse tess and gpa q

Thanks again to our friends and family who came out an celebrated Dan’s accomplishment with us, it meant a lot!

4 comments:

Kolbi Young said...

I agree with you about restaurant photos being awkward....and I always feel silly asking the server to take a pic. I know, I'm weird. But I did enjoy your post - with the photos! Looks like you all had a great time. And I wish I liked tomatoes more than cake - geesh!

Debbie said...

Looks like fun! Congratulations to Dan and to your family! That is so great! FYI: White Fence Farm has really great atmosphere, but the food is ho-hum at best. (unless you really love fried chicken). The only thing they serve is fried chicken and sides. But, I do sugest going out there sometime. They often have live music and animals. I bet sophie and tessa would love it!

Manda said...

I hope the monkey hat maker got a tip in the end! It was totally deserved. Looks like a fun outing

Kristen said...

How fun! I love Texas Roadhouse, so good! OMG Dan looks JUST LIKE his Dad!