NEW CAMERA!!! Well, it’s not actually “new” I bought it used from Craig’s List.
This morning I packed up the girls in the van. We picked up Aunt Cami and baby Lilly (for moral support and safety in numbers going to a stranger’s house).
And I forked over some cash for this beauty:
Back in this post I dreamt of having a Canon 50D. I was only half way to having enough money saved for that though and recently my old Rebel (who couldn’t auto focus anyway) decided it could only take 1 picture at a time before the battery ran out, seriously just ONE picture at a time! Plus neither Dan or I are working, so the savings account stopped growing. Ironically the day after Cami leant me her spare camera I found this camera on Craig’s list for a REALLY great price. As I was saying, I wanted the 50D but this is the 40D which means very little is different from the 50D, really it’s very little and since I bought it used I had enough money to spare to buy a new 50mm lens. I am so so so happy, I just wanted to take pictures of my messy house, and messy children when we got home this afternoon! Much more fun than cleaning up.
Can’t even tell you how excited I am to have my own camera again! Plan on seeing a lot more pictures on this blog.
P.S. Sorry for this picture, it’s a whole lot of Jessica face! But this is just how long my arms are (self-portrait).
5 comments:
Good job! We want lots of pictures now! And feel free to share what settings and lens you are using too!
Yeah! We can't wait for the lots of pictures coming! I was starting to wonder what you were going to do at the family reunion without a good camera.
I love the messy girls! You definitely look happy! That picture really says it all! I'm so glad we get pictures again!
Nothing feels better than having a cmaera when you are a pathological picture taker...CONGRATS on the good deal, and I think moral support was an excellent idea!
I'm so glad we were able to help you get your new camera! And go on an adventure too :)
Post a Comment