Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter



We celebrated Easter with the Chapmans on Saturday after the wedding. Grandma Nina hid eggs for the grand kids in their backyard, well they weren't really hidden... just in the grass so the girls could pick them up. Elise picked up on it pretty quick and was running around the yard filling her basket to over flowing! Sophie, on the other hand, sat in one spot for the most part while others put eggs in her basket which she promptly removed and threw them into the grass again! After the egg hunt, we blew bubbles. I think it was intended as a children's activity but the adults sure got into it. The guys were competing to make the biggest bubble and having bubble wars... don't ask. Elise figured out how to blow but preferred to suck on the stick. Sophie thought the bubbles were comical and the greatest invention EVER, although she never blew any of her own. Here's a few more pictures I couldn't fit on the pages. Grandma with her girls, Sophie and Ann, and Brian throwing Elise really high! It was so great for Sophie to be able to spend time with her aunts and uncles.

After Sophie's nap that afternoon she was in a goofy mood and started making this new face... I call it dentures.
Easter morning we went to my parent's house for a wonderful breakfast (thanks mom!). After which Sophie opened her Easter basket and posed for us in her Easter dress. Then we had to hurry over to church. Dan played a violin duet in my parent's ward with his friend Dan, they played "I Know My Redeemer Lives," they always do such a wonderful job. Sophie loves to hear her dad play but wants him to hold her really bad so we had to listen from the foyer. After sacrament we had to hurry back to finish up packing and get on our way to the airport. Here's a few rare photos with all three of us (thanks Tom and Nina for taking them for us). Dan and I look the same in all 3 but Sophie pulls a couple funny faces.


Sophie is a pretty good little traveler, but she was EXHAUSTED by the time we were back to Denver late Sunday afternoon and feel asleep in her car seat only moments after we strapped her in to drive home from the airport.

Here's a video I took of Sophie playing this morning. I was working on this post and I could hear her saying "ahhhh" and "whooooaa." And this is what I found, what a thrill seeker eh? She kept doing this for about an hour!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are just adorable!! I especially loved the video of Sophie rolling around. I held Dallin in my lap while we watched it and he was pointing at Sophie saying, "Baby, baby" and when she tipped over he would say, "uh-oh" I got a real kick out of it!!! :)

cami said...

Looks like you guys had a great Easter. I loved the video. It made me laugh out loud. I can't believe she did that for an hour!! Too funny.

mommaquincy said...

I love all of the pictures, but especially her old woman face. It is so funny! The video was very cute. She looks like she watched too much of Jenny's gymnastic routines. Is she trying to do a v sit?

Dannenbergs said...

That is too funny! It sure looks like she's having fun. Hey, whatever keeps them busy and out of trouble.

Mary-Anne said...

It looks like you had a very fun Spring Break!! We are in Seattle right now on Spring Break! Your pics are so cute. You have a very cute little family! :)

jaredelizabeth said...

I love the video. I don't usually get that big of a kick out of other peoples kids, but Sophie is addicting. I'm glad you had a good Easter.

Tracy Giles said...

Happy Easter! It looks like you guys had a great time. Okay, total pregnancy brain fart!!!! This whole time I thought that I emailed you to tell you that we found a girl from our ward to do the picture and I guess I never emailed you. I AM SO SORRY!!! I hope you didn't sit around waiting to hear from me. It turned out pretty good except that the day we did it, Saturday, end up being FREEZING and WINDY! However, we are happy with what she was able to get given the circumstances. Anyway, we miss you guys and definitely want to get together soon. I love Sophie's Easter dress.

The Allens said...

Sophie's dentures face is the best! What a ham! I also laughed forever at her falling over video!

The Hulls said...

It looks like you guys had a great Easter! I love your family pictures! Sophie's little Easter dress and sweater are so cute!