Thursday, March 13, 2008

adorkable


This is a SHOUT OUT to my hubby, Dan the MAN!! He was accepted into the Denver International Law Journal (DILJ)by writing this ridiculously long paper about boring law stuff. He spent hours on it and I'm so glad it paid off! I don't know a whole lot about what being on the DILJ (I just made that up by the way, don't know if anyone but me uses that acronym... but it's a long name to write out every time! I suppose I could have typed it 5 times by now...ANYWAY) not sure what exactly it entails but I do know it's good for the old resume and very prestigious!

Dan is also on his way back from an interview for a summer internship doing a clerkship for 2 judges here in Denver. If they liked him a tenth as much I do then it's in the bag! I love you honey, good job!!! We are so proud of all his hard work and really appreciate the sacrifices he makes for our family. I can't tell you how many times I've seen him stressed out, up late, reading or writing and thought to myself, "I'm sooooo glad that's not me!" I definitely got the best end of this deal!!

8 comments:

cami said...

WAY TO GO DAN!! That's awesome! I'm so glad I don't have to write papers anymore. That's cool about the summer internships. Good luck!

Mary-Anne said...

Yay! Congrats! That's awesome! So are you guys planning on staying in Denver then for the summer? Well, hopefully he gets one of those internships! I know how stressful it can be... :) And I definitely agree with you...I am SO glad it's not me! :)

mommaquincy said...

So Dan, just how long was the ridiculously long paper? Did you wear that shirt to your interview? Really, I think that is really cool and I'm glad you got recognized for your hard work!

Ann said...

Good job my ridicuously smart brother! I hope you get the internship. I would be better if it were in Utah, but I won't wine too much. I'll see you in a few days.

Shelly said...

Tell your hubby good job and keep up the good work! It will pay off in the end! I totally agree with you on getting the better end. I am so happy I get to stay home with my little boy!!

Min and Mary said...

Ha ha. I love Jessica's writing and how unimpressed she seems with all the prestige, "ridiclously long paper about boring law stuff". Clearly, Dan doesn't need Jess to boost his ego in that field. Still, I think you each got a great deal. Good luck landing an internship!

jaredelizabeth said...

Isn't it nice when their hard work gets appreciated. Good job Dan!

Chris said...

Though I'm secretly just jealous of Dan's motivation to do things outside of class, you should know that he'll have plenty of company in the nerdery. :) Just kidding. It's a cool accomplishment--especially for a 1L. Good job, man.