We celebrated my birthday a day early, on Labor Day, since Dan had the day off work. We started it out right by going out to breakfast, which is my FAVORITE.
Jacob slept while the girls… get this… ATE their food!! Say WHAT??!?!! Apparently they like going out to breakfast like their momma because that’s the first time I can recall that they’ve actually ate all of the food we ordered them at a restaurant. It was a proud moment, I totally felt like we got our money’s worth. (for once!)
Then we drove just under and hour to this pretty town called Evergreen (thanks for the tip Kim).
There is a lake you can hike around, it’s just 1.3 miles. A good distance for our girls. Their website said that it wasn’t handicap accessible… but it looked like it to us. Just a paved trail… so we took the stroller. Which went just fine until we got to these stairs. That’s kind of a lot of stairs, no worries, Dan held the back and held the front of the stroller down these then up the other side.
The water coming over the dam was pretty. Jake was sporting his sweat pants for the first time, but they already look a little tight around the mid-section! I think he’ll take after his sisters and have a big belly. He enjoys being outside, he looks around and coo’s a lot when we get out.
Tired kids in the stroller.
Little Jacob filled his diaper to capacity on the drive to Evergreen. But to my horror the diapers were missing out of the diaper bag! We were about an hour from home with a very messy diaper. Dan remembered re-filling the diapers, but they were no where to be found. We talked about one of us staying with the kids while the other drove around town trying to find a store that sold diapers. But I spotted a nice looking mom with a young baby and decided to ask her instead. She was very kind and gave us a couple wipes too! The diaper was 2 sizes too big but that’s ok, it worked. Phew, crisis adverted.
Crossing the little stream because they saw Dad do it.
For $8 we rented a paddle boat for 30 minutes so Dan to take the girls for a spin.
Sweet trike!
There was a wedding going on at the lodge on one end of the lake. Sophie desperately wanted to go the the wedding. She even talked her Dad into bringing the paddle boat up behind the wedding closer than I would have dared! I hope they didn’t get in any of their pictures. :)
That night we had dinner over at the Lawrence’s. It was some yummy steak and hot dogs off the grill. Thanks guys! Dan got me this cake:
Kind of inappropriate, sorry. But funny too! We can’t get away with much anymore with 2 young girls mimicking everything we say and do, fortunately Sophie didn’t try to read the cake, she just asked me what it said, to which I replied, “Happy Birthday Mama!” of course. :) Thanks for the wonderful day Dan! It was a birthday to remember, one of the best yet.
7 comments:
Happy birthday! Looks like so much fun. That cake is awesome! :) So funny... and cute!
Sounds like a great day! We were actually planning on a cake and singing in San Antonio, we just didn't get any cooking done, did we? I love the trike! Looks good on Dan!
Cute pictures. I'm glad you had a good Birthday. I love the cake. I want to go on one of those trike things. Cute kids. I know I'll cry when Blake starts kindergarten.
Happy Birthday. What a fun way to spend the day. Love your cake too. :)
Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like a lovely day :)
It's amazing how things just disappear out of the diaper bag...this happened to me the other day - no diapers. I really try to run down my checklist before I leave the house, but these days I'm more focused on having enough snacks and distractions than the real essentials :)
That cake is cracking me up!! I also love the huge tricycle boat! hehe Going out for breakfast is one of my favorites too, and I am glad you had such a fantastic birthday. :)
I'm glad that you had a fun birthday. Isn't Evergreen pretty? I'm so glad that you guys were able to go.
Post a Comment