Monday, January 28, 2008

Till We Meet Again

I was sad to hear of our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinkley's passing last night. And I just wanted to take this opportunity to express my love for that man. President Hinkley was an amazing leader on so many levels, he was full of energy to move the work forward dedicating dozens of temples and meeting with many world civic and religious leaders. I never had the privilege of meeting him in person but I have felt like I've known him for years. He always had the most sincere look in his eyes that touched me. It makes me think of the song "A Window to His Love," it talks about how as we become more Christ-like when people look at us they see Christ. I enjoyed his quick wit and good sense of humor, he made me laugh many times. I am happy to know that he is now reunited with his sweet wife Marjorie, I think he's missed her terribly. I love President Hinkley and am so grateful for his wonderful example. I will miss him.

5 comments:

Ann said...

That was beautiful Jess, I too will miss him. I know that he missed his wife sooo much and I am very happy and comforted to know they are together again.

Anonymous said...

I have such mixed emotions! I am so sad that he is gone. When I saw that top picture of him that you posted it immediately brought tears to my eyes. On the other hand, just like you said, I am sure that he and Marjorie missed each other and are happy to be together again!
What a great man. That is all I can really say.

Anonymous said...

I love that picture of him...I know what you mean about feeling like you've known him for years, even though I've never met him. What an amazing man. He will definitely be missed.

mommaquincy said...

I'm glad you love him like I do. I can't even imagine a general conference withouth him. Its been 50 years since he was called as a general authority. Since I was 2 years old. He has left us a lot of good things, maybe the best is his example.

cami said...

I love the pictures you chose to put of Pres. Hinckley, especially the top one. It brings me to tears because it shows exactly what kind of person he was. Loving and compassionate. It's not going to be the same without him.