Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sophie's first steps!!

On Sunday Sophie started standing on her own for extended periods of time. She would just let go of what ever she was standing next to play with her toy with both hands and would stand there until she noticed what she was doing. When we got home from church she started taking a few steps on her own. She's pretty far from "walking" but she does take steps! Needless to say we are pretty excited!!




Also on Sunday Sophie found a new love, Gerber biter biscuits. I bought them earlier in the week but hadn't given her one to try yet. And when she found one in the diaper bag during sacrament meeting I decided to open it and let her try it out. Well, most of you moms probably know that biter biscuits are MESSY, I had no idea! Sophie was just covered in a paste all over her face, shirt, hands, and forearms. We were sitting on the front row and I just made her sit on the floor in front of us trying to get her to hurry and finish so I could clean her up. But the other thing about biter biscuits are that they take forever to finish! So she was just crawling around rubbing the biscuit into the floor and offering everyone a taste. I am not sure whether the people bearing their testimonies really appreciated us rolling in laughter on the front row. :) But sometimes it's hard to keep it in! Here are some pictures of her enjoying biscuits this week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Go Sophie! That is really exciting!
Dallin loves the biter biscuits too. I teach a primary class and so Heston has Dallin all by himself part of church. Anyway, he let Dallin have one during church, not knowing how messy they were either. We have sacrament meeting last, so when we met up in the Chapel I was shocked to see Dallin's entire fess and church clothes a complete mess! It was pretty funny. I can just imagine how funny it was to watch Sophie!

Dannenbergs said...

Yeah for Sophie and her first steps!! That is so exciting. When is her 1st birthday? Those Gerber Bites are perfect for keeping them busy when you're eating out as well.

cami said...

Yeah Sophie!!! She'll be walking in no time! I love the ponytails. It makes her look so old.