This semester Dan doesn't have any class on Fridays so we decided I could go into work every Friday. I usually just work from home but it helps for me to go in sometimes to get up to speed with everything, meet the clients we are working with and just put some good hours in. Plus Dan really likes to have some one on one time with Sophie. Partly it's because she only wants me when we're home together but mostly it's because he doesn't get to see her much. Yesterday was the first Friday I went into the office. I called Dan a couple times to see how it was going and he did a great job! She took 2 naps (most the time she only takes 1 for me) and they had a ball. When I got home I had to laugh out loud and pull out the camera because the house was in complete disarray! Dan was still in his PJ's (at 4:00 pm mind you) and he had dressed Sophie... but in this very interesting outfit. Check it out: he put her in a hodge-podge including her pink and white Utah Jazz onsie (he figured he loves the Jazz so that was appropriate) some ice cream and popsicle pants (he'd never seen her wear them before... because they are for a summer outfit!), yellow socks (over her pants of course), and topped it off with an old deformed purple bow!! Too funny, but I can't complain she was well fed, took her naps, plus she was clean, and dry. I did, however, change her clothes before we went out to dinner. :) Thanks honey, I love you!!
Saturday, January 19, 2008
A Day with Dad
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
That is awesome!! I love the socks over the pants. It must be freezing there in Denver!
I like the look on Dan's face. He looks exhausted. He's going to appreciate you and all the hard work you do everyday! Way to go Dan! Just tell everyone that Sophie dressed herself!
Oh my gosh, that is just TOO funny.
That's awesome. Jason does pretty well with Porter, but it will be fun to see how he does dressing a little girl.
P.S. At least Dan didn't forget the bow!
Wow! Go Dan! What a Heston will rarely even watch the kids for me to go to the store alone! He doesn't mind having Deklan every once in a while, but it's a SPECIAL day when he will take Dallin!
Dan did a pretty good job I'd say! Especially if he got her napped! I think it's cute that he got her dressed but was himself still in jammies!
I think it is great to leave the men home with the kids every once in a while. It gives them a little more appreciation for how much time and effort it takes to "stay home and play with the kids all day"
I LOVE IT!!!!!! That has happened once or twice in our house and it makes me laugh so hard. The yellow socks are the best. So funny!!!
I am still laughing!!! That was well worth documenting! I love the outfit. In similar situations Patrick will say, "It does to match; there's pink on every piece." Too funny.
Post a Comment