Thursday, February 25, 2010

little miss personality

sophie's bday - cake faces pageSophie's bday - cake smile at candles 2 Sophie's bday - birthday dinnerSophie's bday - cake ready to blowSophie's bday - cake licking

Here are pictures of Sophie (and Tessa) enjoying some of her birthday gifts this week:

playing w presents - make up page playing w presents - new quilt on bedSophie's bday - sick tess shoes staring

 Sophie's bday - nightgown poseplaying w presents - soph 1st smiley manplaying w presents - naughty tess highchair

Mama MIA I take so many pictures!  Sorry for the photo overload, but just know there are PLENTY more where these came from. :)  Anyway, I just wanted to take a few lines to gush over my 3 year-old.  As you can see a bit in the pictures; Sophie has BIG BIG BIG personality!  I’m a fan of lists so here’s what Sophie’s up to at 3 years old:

  • Vocabulary is just sky rocketing! I added a section on the side-bar to put down some of the funny things Sophie says.  Her new favorite is saying the same things to me I always say to her like, “Don’t say no to me!”  and, “Mommy YOU can do it.”
  • Sophie enjoys drawing and coloring and does it often.  The picture above was taken today and it’s her first “person” she’s ever drawn!  She hasn’t stopped either, she’d drawing more as I type and saying, “Check it out!” After she finishes each one.
  • she’s a potty pro, been dry through the night since we came back from Houston last month although it seems like longer than that
  • Sophie’s good at sharing with her sister and friends, OR giving them an alternative toy.
  • She’s very much a boss and ring leader to whoever will put up with it
  • she still loves to sing and dance, some of her favorite songs to sing lately are “Nephi’s Courage,” “Dora the Explorer,” “Boom, Boom, Boom, chicka Boom…”
  • picky eater – her diet is very limited and she rarely will try new things (that aren’t candy)  I’m a definitely up for advice on this one!
  • princesses, she’s all about everything to do with them
  • she’s so smart, and often to my detriment as she figures out not only how things work but people too!  Also, Sophie can tell you which letter any word (except the tricky ones) starts with by sounding it out.

That’s all I can think of right now and speaking of Sophie, I really need to get her to bed!  We really love our little Sophie princess and can’t wait to see what else the future holds for her.

7 comments:

Inspired said...

You did a great job on that nightgown! I can't believe she's three! She really does make the perfect oldest child though!:)

mommaquincy said...

I can't agree more with the "Miss Personality" title! I think she is a blast to be around. Her nightgown turned out great! Isn't it great to see her getting so good as so many things? She has really grown up well! Keep it up!

Jessica said...

Thanks Mom, after the mortifying outing we just had I really needed your encouragement.

Kolbi Young said...

I love Tessa's CHEESE face :) So funny.

And the quilt is gorgeous! What a treasure....

I was the oldest, and with it comes the bossy trait, I'm sure of it. I remember getting in so much trouble for being too bossy. I guess that's what happens when you think you are the center of the universe -haha!

Kristen said...

S is such a doll! your girls are so adorable, I love seeing all your pictures!

Anna said...

Happy birthday miss Sophie :)
looks like her party was a blast, good job Jessica!

Anonymous said...

your children are adorable! I hope I am as blessed in the future!

-reesecup0713.blogspot.com