Monday, December 14, 2009

what Dan has to deal with

We went out to eat for our friend Zach’s birthday last weekend.  He got this awesome hat, I thought it was cool of him to wear it and act like nothing was different and he didn’t have a huge ridiculous hat made of balloon flowers on his head.  Zach’s a really great friend and we were happy to celebrate with him.

After dinner we invited everyone over to play games after the girls were in bed.  But before we got started there was a football game Dan really wanted to see the outcome of.  Our TV situation is less than ideal… we have a pretty nice TV but I’m too cheap (and poor) to pay for cable so we have an antenna.  I don’t know how many of you have experience with these digital antennas but it’s ALL or NOTHING!  You either have the signal and can see it clearly in HD or you get a blank screen.  There is a delicate balance of where the antenna is placed depending on the channel and where everyone in the room sits.  We even notice when our neighbors upstairs move it changes things.  So Dan, was trying to find a sweet spot for the antenna with all of these new variables in the living room (aka- our friends).  After much frustration he finally settled in the very center of the room holding the antenna in his hands!

misc - Zach on his bday misc - dan holding the antena

If I stood up, the signal was gone.  Dan looks relaxed in the picture but he wasn’t hardly breathing afraid to move and lose the signal.  So the game ended with Dan still fixed in the middle of the room (sorry don’t recall who was playing) and the team he wanted to win, lost in the final minutes.  So Dan was unhappy, he went and set the antenna down carelessly on the table where we put it away and pushed the “bunny ears” together crossing them slightly, so it would take up less space. Ok, so here’s the funny part… the signal continued no problem!  We could even move our arms and legs without an interruption.  We all laughed pretty hard.

Poor Dan, I swear honey someday when we can afford it, I’ll get you cable WITH a sports package!  Although, I actually really enjoy not having the temptation of TV watching available, I will make the sacrifice.

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I think that Nicole wishes Jason had to work that hard to watch sports!

Mary-Anne said...

Oh my gosh...that's hilarious!! And a bit sad for Dan...but mostly funny. :) Maybe if we had to go through that, Nathanael wouldn't watch so much sports...hmmm...something to think about. :) Ha!

Mindee said...

I was thinking the same thing about my husband that everyone else has commented so far! I wish Chuck had to work that hard to get his sports fix... Oh well :)

Inspired said...

Ummmm....HILARIOUS!!! I am glad you documented it!

Jenny Kendall said...

We should team up. We have cable (part of the HOA), but our TV's input is broken (we can only watch movies). I'm with you. If I had cable I'd waste way too much time watching reality TV and time drains.

Summer said...

Jess,
I was reading all about your little girls on your last blog entry and loved it. I can not believe how big the are getting. I am so glad you love being a mom so much and am a little jealous. The thought of being a mom makes me a little sick and not at all happy. I truly wish I wanted to be a mom but it doesn't appeal to me. I am so glad there are people out there like you who love to be moms. You are wonderful.