My girls are growing up so fast! I can’t believe Tessa will be a year old this week and Sophie’s going to be three in February! It is my favorite thing in the world when they play nicely together. Dressing up is a daily necessity at our house. Sophie picks hers first and then assigns Tessa her dress.
It’s funny how both of them want my attention so badly that they constantly mimic the actions of the current attention getter. For example: Tessa was sucking on a Santa decoration and I bent down to talk to her, so Sophie grabbed TWO to suck on. Sophie was lying on a pillow drinking her milk, so Tessa grabbed hers and lied down next to Sophie! It’s more like they are in competition than playing most of the time. :)
Seems like it’s been awhile since I wrote about the girls’ in general instead of just events so…. I did.
Sophie’s vocabulary and ability to form sentences has really skyrocketed lately! She understands what I am saying so well, although she doesn’t always choose to “listen.” :) Sophie has a really sweet side to her, she says, “Mommy (or Daddy) give me a hug!” about a dozen times a day. She likes to cuddle. One of her favorite things to do is DANCE, especially with a partner. She’s getting quite good at it too, I don’t know where she gets her moves, because I definitely do NOT have any. Sophie’s still testing her boundaries in everything. Just tonight she started to put her whole hand in my glass at dinner and I told her we only put our hands on the outside of drinks because our hands are dirty. She didn’t miss a beat, “Put just one thumb in the drink please?” She’s a smart little bugger and quite the diplomat. She loves to be crazy and run and scream with other children. Being teased by her Daddy is heaven for Sophie. And like most children her age, Sophie is very motivated by candy, especially chocolate!
Tessa is at such a fun age, she is a really joy! She nods her head yes persistently until you guess what she’s referring to. But she shakes her entire body NO when she’s not interested. She smiles and laughs easily but also SQUAWKS at the hint of injustice or couple seconds of waiting for something. When she’s really mad she flexes all her muscles and growls, resembling the incredible hulk, making her face turn red. It takes a lot of effort not to laugh at her sometimes. She walks about 50% of the time these days, depending on whether it’s convenient, crawling is still faster. Tessa really loves her daddy. Her face just illuminates when she sees him and starts saying, “Dad dad dad dad dad…” Another thing we enjoy about Tessa is her sleeping habits. She’s a great sleeper, and we really appreciate it! Tessa’s new trick, smiling… HARD when I bring out the camera.
I really love my job as a mom. It’s so fun coming up with new games to play with them or places go, things to talk about! I love experiencing the world through their eyes. I want them to be happy, confident, faithful people so badly. I may not be important in the world, but to my little princesses I am and I wouldn’t have it any other way. Just trying to eat up every minute!
6 comments:
I can't wait to see the princesses! Tessa's "hard" smile is hilarious. Sophie is going to be a very interesting big sister to have.
Oh, I LOVE that picture of Tessa's "hard smile." That is TOO cute. Getting updates on your darling family is so much fun! I have to agree with you, that being a mommy is the best job out there!
Your girls are SO ADORABLE!!! As I was reading this Ava, my two year old, said, "Look at that princess mom!" She loves Sophies dress!
You really need to get a picture of that incredible hulk face!!! I REALLY want to see it! It will be good for that little smiler to know she was adorable angry too.
That picture of Tessa needs to be on a huge billboard or something. It's hilarious
I love hearing your stories of your family, it make me so happy for you! Your girls are so cute, Tessa's big smile is adorable!
Post a Comment