Thursday, August 20, 2009

it feels so good!

spring cleaning 003

I've done a little cleaning the last couple of mornings.  We couldn't close our dresser drawers; not mine, Dan's, Sophie's OR Tessa's!!  These bags are full of clothes ready to be donated.  I still have more work to do, I need to go through the closet, but this is a start. It amazes me how much surplus we had just in our dressers!  I love organizing, it's so gratifying, it's keeping it that way that's the hard part.

In other news; I am preparing to go into potty training Sophie full bore!  I plan to use the 3 day method recommended by my sis-in-law (thanks Ann!) which is really intense.  You throw away all the diapers/pull-ups and it's nothing but potty training all day and night for 3 days straight, no interruptions... and no going back!  I've no question she's "ready" she has been capable for at least 6 months now.  I keep putting it off because of pending vacations  and wanting Tessa to be more independent.  Tessa is doing well and we've got 4 weeks until we leave town again, I think that's enough time... am I wrong?  Truth is that I am scared, once I throw out the diapers there is no going back and if she doesn't get it right away (or rebels) it will really suck for me.

8 months 019

This is how we found Sophie the other day, first thing in the morning.  She had taken off her pajamas, and her diaper.  That is baby lotion on her upper lip, it was in her hair too, I think she was trying to chug the lotion bottle.

8 comments:

Ann said...

You guys can do it. Keep being persistent, and consistent. Get lots of treats and prizes and a few songs to dance to when she makes it in time. Oh ya and lots of Lysole wipes. Your going to need them. Sophie a very smart girl, I think she'll catch on really fast. Call me if/when you need to vent or cry. :)

Mr & Mrs Leo & the 4 Little T's said...

You'll have to let me know how the potty training goes. As soon we get back from Seattle I'm going to try to potty train Taleya. Good luck!

Jenny Kendall said...

Good luck with the potty training!

mommaquincy said...

Can't you just pretend to throw away the diapers? I mean, before you know it, Tessa will need that size. I think it will be an interesting 3 days! Tell Sophie I can't wait to see her wearing her princess panties!

Cieslak Family said...

Good luck this next week. Don't throw your diapers away, just hide them- you can use them for Tessa when she's big enough- but don't go back to them either. I hope it all works out well for you- it can be frustrating.

Erika Ellis said...

glad it's you and not me.

Megan said...

Happy Belated Anniversary. Good luck potty training. I am interested to hear how it goes because I will start in a few months. It's good and bad I hear. Blake loves to eat lotion, is that what she was doing. I can't believe Tessa is crawling. Zack's still a bump on a log. Cute pictures. The fam one at the top is so cute.

mommaquincy said...

So, update us! How's the training going?