I know I have been posting a lot this week... and not about anything spectacular I don't have an excuse except for that I've been a little extra picture happy. I think I'll blame it on the Christmas season, I am SO EXCITED to go home this weekend!! Anyway, I waited until the afternoon to go jogging today in hopes it would warm up a bit and some snow would melt off the trail. Some snow was melted but it was anything but warm outside. Despite the cold wind I really did enjoy the beautiful scenery, snow just makes everything look so clean and new. One of my favorite things about Denver are the trails. Denver has paved trails EVERYWHERE there is one that goes from Boulder to Colorado Springs... not really sure how many miles that is but it's FAR! That trail runs right behind our apartment complex, so convenient. I've never been much of a runner anyway but I'd always run on a treadmill when I did. Now that I have a small sidekick, and a jogging stroller it's the easiest way for me to exercise. And I must say that I enjoy it a lot more now that I can do it outside and with friends. I appreciate nature a lot more when I am on foot rather than in the car, Denver really is a pretty place.

Poor Sophie can't hardly move all bundled up, but she does stay warm in her clothes, snow suit, gloves, hat, quilt, and sleeping bag! I also have a weather shield which is a plastic thing that covers the outside of the stroller to keep the wind out, she's got her own little bubble.
Monday, December 10, 2007
cold jog
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Her snow outfit is adorable. I miss the snow. I hope it snows at least once while we're in Utah. And, I wanted to tell you I started a smugmug account. You can get $5 off if you put in my email. Here's all the info:
You can save a friend $5 on a SmugMug subscription and earn $10 yourself! It's simple: have your friend enter your email address or your personal coupon ( xHjReLWm5BV4M ) in the 'Referred by' field on the signup form (Important: They can't enter any other information, such as your name. Just your email address or coupon).
You are SO good to go jogging everyday! You look great! I tried that here in Salem...but there is NO WHERE to go jogging. :( So I kind of gave up. You are lucky you have snow...we have none. I am very excited to see the snow in UT!
good girl for going and jogging! You seriously look amazing! I am just getting back into it, and it feels so good! I have to tell you, Sophie's eyes are killer. She is so beautiful. She definitely looks very cozy and comfy in all her layers!
Sophie could not get any cuter!!! What an angel face!
Wow, you are so brave to go jogging in the freezing cold like that! I am such a wimp. I couldn't do that. I wimp out and go to the gym where I can be indoors. Good for you, you are tough. Sophie looks SO cute all snuggled in her stroller nice and warm!
Hey, I am sending out Christmas cards and I wanted to send one to you. So, I need your address. You can email it if you want...hawks-story@hotmail.com
Sophie doesn't seem to be suffering. That jogging in the cold must be healthy. Maybe you need to get a little sled to pull her on soon.
You are so brave. Last year I was so worried about walking along that exact trail because I thought for sure I would slip and fall. Good for you! You look great!
I love that bridge! It always makes me want to sit and contemplate life or something. I love the dishwasher shot, soon she'll figure out how to turn it on, and that's fun too.
Post a Comment