Saturday, January 19, 2013

Home for Christmas (at our house!)

Christmas Morning

We did a forced mandatory nice breakfast before anyone was allowed to open anything.  After breakfast we opened stockings…

12 25 12_tess new fairy 12 25 12_soph new fairy

Then we were ready to close our eyes and walk in by the Christmas tree to see what Santa brought!  My girls were SO excited.

12 25 12_soph tess ready to go in to the tree

We opened the gifts that Santa left under the tree, I couldn’t believe the kids didn’t notice the really big present in the corner through all of this!

12 25 12_jacob openning present 2 12 25 12_soph dream light12 25 12_tess dream light 2 12 25 12_jacob dump truck 212 25 12_jacob sit in truck by tree 2 12 25 12_soph camera

Then I pointed out the large gift in the corner, “What’s that big one!?!?”  The girl’s gasped and ran over to open it.  A Barbie dreamhouse!  It’s so cute.  I love it too. Smile

12 25 12_girls opening barbie house 12 25 12_girls new barbie house 

This is one of my favorite things we got, a canvas growth chart I got here.  I think it’s really cute, plus I can write on it and move it or paint without losing the marks!  Makes me happy.  My kids have always asked me to see how tall they are as they stand against the wall, and now it’s even more often.  I plan to go look up their heights from Dr appoints and add those as well.

12 25 12_soph growth chart 12 25 12_tess growth chart 

The girls played with toys (mostly the Barbie house) seriously ALL DAY as in for like 8 hours straight, only stopping to eat Christmas treats a few times. 

12 25 12_soph tess jacob playing barbies 12 25 12_tess barbie car

We wore our pajamas all day, and ate whatever we wanted, while playing with our new toys, what’s better than that!!?  The 2nd picture below is of Dan playing Epic Mickey, the kids LOVE to watch him play Wii games (especially Sophie) and since he finished Super Mario Galaxy we needed a new one.  It is a fun one to watch, and more importantly (to me) AGE APPROPRIATE, yeah win win!

12 25 12_jacob fire engine 2 12 25 12_soph jacob dan playing wii

It’s kind of fun to have a day of “eat as much candy as you want!”  Because we usually regulate it so carefully, I get tired telling them no all the time, it’s more fun to say YES! I know the girls liked it a lot too. Winking smile

12 25 12_soph tess cmas treats 12 25 12_treats

It was a great Christmas, nice and low key.  We made the decision to stay home for Christmas and then travel back to see our family the day after this year, it’s the first time we’ve done it this way, except the year that Tessa was born but we didn’t go home at all that year until Josh’s wedding.  It was a lot easier to not have to transfer as many gifts back and forth!

3 comments:

mommaquincy said...

It looks like a very fun day! I'm glad that it was fun and low key for you!

Tracy Giles said...

Looks like our kids got some of the same presents (dream lites). Thanks for sending me that story. It was really good!

Jenelle said...

I love that growth chart! What a good idea! Can I ask where you got the Barbie Dream House? My daughter's birthday is next month and that is EXACTLY what she wants. Cute pics, your kids are getting big!