Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sophie’s 5th birthday

soph bday cake smile

Opening presents in the morning…

soph bday new dress soph bday doll soph bday piano

Trying out/on some of her favorites…

soph bday new dress showing soph bday playing with gifts soph bday pete the cat book

It was Sunday so we headed off to church, afterwards we had dinner at our close friends, the Lawrences’ home.  I let Sophie pick out a cake at Costco, our house was too crazy with packing for me to make her a nice cake.  She didn’t mind, Sophie really liked her cake!  I think these pictures make that clear. She totally cracks me up!

soph bday cake adoring soph bday cake wish

I love how she just beamed as we sang her “Happy Birthday,” she’s definitely one who eats up the attention. Sophie really wanted a birthday crown, so we hurried and made her one out of a couple sheets of paper Kim had.  Of course, Tessa needed one too. :) 

soph bday cake blowing soph bday crown w tess 2 

Here she is the next day all dressed in her new (and a little big) clothes for school.  What a cutie pie!  She was so excited to bring her birthday snack to school and have them sing to her.

soph bday new clothes soph bday writing silly face

Her teacher made her a birthday crown far superior to mine as well.  Sophie still has it even… and that was 6 months ago!  She was too into her art to put the crown on for a picture.  You know sometimes when you’re 5 you don’t want to do something just because your mom asked, even if it’s something you really wanted to do before she asked.  Well, I guess that’s not just 5 year olds, more like 2-5 year olds. ;)

soph bday writing w crown

Oh Sophie, I can’t tell you how much I love and adore you!  There are no words for the love I have.  You are so full of passion, hope, energy, imagination, ideas, and drive!!  You amaze and inspire me, I love you Sophie.  I hope you had a happy birthday.

soph bday smile

3 comments:

Ann said...

We LOVE Sophie! At Pagosa Brian and I were saying how much Sophie has matured and grown up. We could really see a difference. Good job mom and dad too :)

mommaquincy said...

She certainly looked like she had a happy time! She is a cutie and I love her!

Muffy said...

Sophie is super cute! Her expressions are funny! :D