Saturday, March 19, 2011

the puppet show!

puppet show - soph in castle 

Cami invited us to come to a puppet show down the street from their house on a Saturday morning about 2 months ago (sorry, I am trying to catch up).  I’ve never been to anything like it before, it’s always fun to try something new!

We got to make our own little puppets with supplies provided by the theater, they were also our tickets.  I thought Sophie’s smile was too Grinch like and creepy so I gave her a flower, it helped… a bit.  The kids were allowed to play with their choice of dozens of puppets while we waited for show time.  As you can imagine, my BIG pretender (Sophie) really got into it.

puppet show - out ticketspuppet show - soph tess

Lily thought they were pretty funny, she would laugh and then hide from them when they got too close.  Tessa likes stuffed dogs, not real ones.  Lily treats them both the same.

puppet show - lily dog laugh puppet show - tess walking the dog

The show was about this spider named Anuncy (sp?) who didn’t want to tell stories but then, … did.  It’s an African story (or folk tale?) I guess.  My girls were pretty entertained by it and laughed out loud many times.  Tessa WAS scared of the spider, of course.  But I thought it was the perfect length of time, only about 30 min which is just right for my kids.

puppet show - spider and beepuppet show - lion bird and boy 

Afterwards, they got to play with the puppets some more.  Because of a book we have called Crocodile Blues Tessa loves to find crocodiles and say “Ahhhhh!”  Soph was checking out the dragon’s tongue, I love how she opens her mouth to try and get him to open his.

puppet show - tess and alligator puppet show - soph dragon tounge

Thanks for taking us to the puppet show Cami!  We had a great time.

1 comment:

mommaquincy said...

Very cool! Of course your girls loved it!