Monday, March 21, 2011

just dreaming

I love the way they redid this kitchen, found here, I love it all.  I especially love the gray color of lower cabinets and the openness of the upper cabinets where they removed the doors (and added molding and the sconce things below).  It’s just so light and beautiful, I want one.  I don’t know if I’d ever have the guts to do it though.  Oh and I also covet dark wood floors.

Also, this little boy’s room is pretty cute.  I really like how she made the top of the wood paneling wide so it can be used as a shelf for art.  She did the same thing in her dining room, also found here.

Have you ever seen such a good looking PANTRY?  She has no doors on hers so she made it super cute.  I love the quaterfoil design she did on the back, one of my favorite patterns.  She also did the really pretty bathroom, you can’t see in in this picture but it has a bedboard cieling to boot!  Wow.  I think it’s official, I am drawn to white with blue or grey.

Can you tell I’m getting house hungry?  Truth is I have always loved looking at decorating and home improvement blogs because their ideas are so genius!  I think it will help me when we eventually do start looking for home to better see the potential of some homes that are currently ugly.  Plus it’s good to know what I like.   I’ll keep dreaming though, we just signed another year lease at our apartment, yeah!  Does anyone else share my obsession (ahem!) interest in design blogs?  If so, please share your favorites!

2 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I love the clean feel of the white woodwork. Someday you will have a home of your own to take care of!

Ann said...

Beeder board is a a BUGGAR! We have it in our nursury and it was so hard to do. But I told Brian I want to do it in our half bath and he just looked at me and walked away :) I'm all for lighter walls and kitchen, since I don't have either!