Saturday, February 12, 2011

brother or sister?

Sophie has been adamantly telling me the baby is a baby sister from the beginning, not even accepting the alternative, until the last few days. She watched Sid the Science Kid (PBS TV show) last week and since then tells me she wants it to be a brother named Sid. I try to explain to her that we don't get to choose if it's a brother or a sister but we'll be happy no matter what, I don't know if she gets it... we'll see.

We set the ultrasound date, March 16th. YES, I am finding out! Don't have that kind of patience, not even close. I thought I'd let you know since so many of you have been asking. I'll keep you "posted"! (Sorry for the lame pun, I can't help it.)

6 comments:

mommaquincy said...

I'm with Sophie. I want a baby brother, but please don't name him Sid. That could get very confusing!

Erika Ellis said...

my vote is one of each!

Mary said...

PLEASE do not have a brother like Sid the science kid! The skin is too unnatural:) BTW, how far apart are yours and Jenny's due dates? It's so fun being prego with a sister. Bev and I had to split the maternity wardrobe. Ha.

Nate and Kim said...

That's exciting that you are going to find out. That's coming up soon also!

The Allens said...

That is exciting that you get to find out soon! Katelyn wanted to name Jace 'Tarzan.' Luckily, kids don't get priority naming rights. Good luck!
As for Jace, we had him go commando for a day or so. (He did have a shirt on.) He had one or two accidents but that was all. I was prepared for the worst, but it wasn't nearly as painful as the past 6 months were. Potty training is by far one of the worst parts of parenting so far!

Tracy Giles said...

I didn't even know you were pregnant until recently! Congratulations! I'm so excited for you!!