We went up to the Parade of Lights in downtown Denver the first weekend in December (I know, I have a lot of catching up to do.) We didn’t go last year because it was too cold… but this year seemed plenty cold!
The girls got shoulder rides from Dan and Jake on the walk from the light rail to the parade route, lucky!
Once we got there, this is all was saw of Sophie (the top of her head), because she was SO enthralled the parade we couldn’t get her to look up. So Dan and I just took pictures of each other holding Tess.
We were joined by Matt and Cami, as well as the Lawrences, Dannenburgs, and Whelans. It was a much anticipated event. I had been bribing good behavior out of the girls for a week, “If you’re nice at the store we’ll ride the train to the parade of Christmas lights and then drink hot chocolate on Saturday! But you have to be good.” It worked for the most part.
Here are some pictures of the parade: I’d like to point out that the Bronco’s mascot (Bronco? don’t know his name) is riding his 4-wheeler on 2 wheels, the fire throwers, and the creepy ghost of Christmas past. Soph’s favorite was the Rudolf balloon, and Tess liked the princesses best (not pictured).
We went to Starbucks afterwards and I got my first ever Carmel Apple Spice… WOW, that stuff is so so so good! Dan not only got the girls their promised hot chocolate, but this darling little polar bear cookie as well.
Tessa’s excited face for the “surprise cookie”…
Sophie raved about the hot chocolate! Sophie, you have the quirkiest personality, thanks for pulling such great faces.
What a fun night we had! Problem was, we only planned to this point… the hot chocolate. Then the girls were DONE being out and we had to wait in the cold for a train for like 4 hours with the girls crying and throwing tantrums (felt like 4, but probably was only 1). I’m sure you parents understand, every minute after bedtime is tough. But that’s ok, we live and learn! And it was still worth it. :)
5 comments:
We didn't really know about the parade until after the fact, but we are excited to go next year. I am glad that you guys enjoyed it. And I am with you on the carmel apple spice, LOVE it!
Great pictures. Joni brought me something similar from her coffee shop. good stuff.
That looks like the coolest light parade I've ever seen! I love the hot chocolate faces!
Your girls truly have fun personalities (as shown of course in the pictures)! I loved spending the Christmas holiday with you all!
Thanks for a great chilly night!
Post a Comment