Monday, January 24, 2011

our Christmas vacation (part three)

Christmas Day at the Chapmans

The Chapmans are great gift givers and we always get spoiled by Dan’s parents.  This year Nina put together photo books with pictures, stories and info about some of our ancestors (she’s an amazing genealogist).  On the cover is a picture of a clock.  Tom spoke to us about time passing and then presented each family with their own antique clock!  How cool is that?  I’d been wondering HOW MANY clocks they needed on their piano as they collected them over the last few years. :)  We love having the clock in our home. (Ours is the black one in the far right.)

christmas day - chapmans tree tom christmas day - chapmans tom

The younger generation don’t appreciate Grandpa Tom’s speeches as well as the rest of us… got a bunch of pictures of them looking bored.  Made me laugh.  Don’t worry, they were spoiled thoroughly shortly thereafter.

christmas day - chapmans soph funny face christmas day - chapmans elise funny face

I made Dan’s parents a card that said, “Roses are Red, Violets are Blue, Ann is pregnant… and WE ARE TOO!”   Sophie got a Jessie doll and Tessa got Woody, they have been very well loved.

 christmas day - chapmans nina's surprise christmas day - chapmans soph opening jessie 2

Grandma and Grandpa also got the girls new dress-up capes, a movie, a book, and matching outfits.  They had so much fun playing together.

christmas day - chapmans melody close up  christmas day - chapmans soph elise guitar

Jaycee thought Woody was pretty interesting as well.  She’s so cute and FAT she’s totally swelled up since we last saw her, love it!

christmas day - chapmans jaycee and woody christmas day - jessie and woody

6 cute girl cousins (btw - we found out that Ann’s having a BOY, the first on the Chapman side!)

Also, I am totally jealous of this couch, isn’t it handsome?  I want one just like it.

christmas day - chapmans cousins

The men watched some football in the basement to escape all the girly-ness.  There was plenty of it! :)

christmas day - dan and brian football christmas day - chapmans tess big hat

Smash Bro’s in the afternoon

I don’t remember which day this was, probably Christmas Eve.  These 4 played for quite awhile and seemed to enjoy themselves quite a lot.  Even though Jonathan mainly dominated.

christmas - smash brothers dan christmas - smash brothers james and dan

christmas - smash brothers jack christmas - smash brothers jon

Sunday

Since church wasn’t until 1, we the girls got to  make these cute edible snowmen with Grandma in the morning.  Some fun bonding time.

christmas - snowman doughnut christmas - soph and gma make snowman christmas - tess snowman making christmas - tess and gma n on couch

That night we ate dinner over there and Jason and Candice came over.  We put Jaycee in Tessa’s Santa hat and I thought it was the cutest thing I’ve ever seen!  She’s so sweet and deliciously pudgy.

christmas - jaycee santa hat christmas - soph and jaycee

That night I FINALLY got to see my little sister Joni!!!  She had been gone the whole time with her boyfriend and his family out of town.  I was glad we got to see her, even if it was only for a couple hours.

christmas - joni gino and soph

Sophie, honey… I DON’T think this is the way the ladies ride.   I love Tess with a moustache, don’t you?  She needs some more cookies. :(  My girls are so dramatic.

christmas - soph riding horse funny christmas - tess cry messy face

Whew!  And that was the end of our Christmas vacation this year.  We drove home the following morning.  Thank you very much to all of our family who we enjoyed company with and gifts from!

4 comments:

mommaquincy said...

Okay, I have to say that I think the Smash Brother pictures are hilarious! James looks like the only one having fun and he was the one that got beat up the most! He's such a great guy!
The antique clock is really cool! What a great idea! I'm so glad your girls got to spend a couple of extra hours with us!

mommaquincy said...

I forgot to say congrats to Anne! You still have a shot at the first grandson with the Chapman name!

Ann said...

I love the bored pictures, it says it all! You always get the most interesting pictures of my girls. :)

Muffy said...

Maybe it was horrible of me to not interfere, but it was funny to watch Sophie and Tessa find the cookies and successfully devour one cookie each. :) It was wonderful to spend time with you guys nevertheless!