Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Jaycee’s blessing

We made a special trip out to Utah (#5 this summer) to see this little sweetie on her blessing day.  She’s so stinkin’ cute, I love babies.

jaycee blessing - jaycee lookingShe was blessed in church by her dad (Jason, Dan’s eldest brother.)  It was very sweet.  There was an open house at the Chapman’s afterwards.  I had to stop at my parents (where we were staying) to get the fruit salad I had prepared on our way over.  Dan mentioned that he’d really like to change clothes out of his suit but didn’t think he should.  As we drove up to the Chapman’s there was Mr. Chapman himself, in his blue jeans in the front yard!  We went inside to find Matt (Dan’s other brother) in shorts and a t-shirt and Jason, as soon as pictures were through, changed into casual clothes as well.  Anyway, that was a long story to explain this first photo of Dan, annoyed that he’s the only one still dressed up.

jaycee blessing - dan unhappy in his suit jacee blessing - jason jacee candice

At least Melody’s happy!  She. is. adorable.

jaycee blessing - happy melody

Sophie and Elise could be found enjoying each other’s company out by the pond.  I guess they are kissing cousins now… I have to say this last picture is my fault.  In an effort to get a picture of them doing something besides smiling at the ground, I told Sophie to give Elise a kiss, thinking it would be on her cheek… well… ok.  These 2 really do have a special bond.

jaycee blessing - soph and elisejaycee blessing - soph and elise 3jaycee blessing - soph and elise kiss

Tessa loves Cami, or as she says, “Bami.”  I don’t blame her, Cami is really nice I think all kids (and adults) must love her!  Jaycee, thinking that I am boring.

jaycee blessing - tess and cami jaycee blessing - jess and jaycee

After the open house we stole a little Quincy family time with a birthday party for Stephanie!  Votes are in and she’s still a princess, even without the wedding dress.

steph bday - with her cake steph bday - steph and soph

Sophie was also quite excited to see her uncle Josh.  He’s so fun with her and really gets her excited and wound up.

steph bday - josh and soph jaycee blessing - soph and josh

That’s all I have to show for our last trip, it was a quickie!  Oh and this picture of all of the Chapman granddaughters in their skirts from grandma now that Jaycee has one too.  I couldn’t zoom out any more so it’s not a very well framed picture, but hey the gang’s all here!

chapman cousin skirts

Can anyone beat me?  More than 5 trips to the same place this summer?  I’m thinking we need some more variety next summer… maybe DISNEYLAND.  Any other suggestions?  I don’t mean to sound ungrateful, because we are so lucky to live close enough to home that we can drive out often and not miss much.  I’m just sayin’… 5 times in 3 months is a little crazy.

4 comments:

Ambs said...

Yes, that is a lot of times to go to Utah in 3 months! Holy cow! I do wish I lived as close as you though.

Disneyland sounds way awesome for your girls at their age... but try to pretend that Canada's another option ok? haha ;)

love ya cuz

mommaquincy said...

Nice picture of the girl cousins! Wow! That's a lot of girls! Cute pictures of Steph and Josh with your Sophie, too.

Ann said...

I think we all owe you guys a trip out to Denver next summer. We should go camping in CO next year.

Lindsay said...

What cute skirts! Great picture. I wholeheartedly back Disneyland. :) It's my favorite.