I failed to mention in my last post that Dean’s blessing was during our Christmas visit to Utah. The Sunday after Christmas infact. So, even though it has taken me a very long time to get to posting these photos, we only stayed in Utah for a week this Christmas, I just took a lot of pictures… but hey, what’s new?
We went and saw this darling movie that most of you have hopefully seen as well. In attendance were Ann, Elise, Grandma Quincy, Jenny, Dean, Jonathan, Dan, me, Sophie and Tessa. We did pretty good in the theatre! I thought the movie taught some great morals about working hard and marriage, plus I was so happy to have a musical Disney animated film again, finally!
We went to lunch afterwards to the Pie, I feel like I post about this place constantly. Dan swears he’ll eat there daily every time we go to Utah, that hasn’t happened but we always go at least once or twice. We were met up by the rest of the Wells family, my brother Jack and Dan’s parents too. Yummy, yummy pizza!
The next morning we LOADED the van, literally loaded, with all our Christmas gifts and headed home! It’s so nice having a van.
When the time was right between girls’ naps and a need for gas we pulled off I-80 to eat some dinner. This town had NOTHING! Just hole in the wall motels (one was even called “Hole in the Wall”) I begged Dan to just go to the next town but he was entranced by Square Shooter’s Eating House. Oh it looked so gross, he kept saying it would be an ADVENTURE! Dan’s consolation for me was, “hey, you can bring in your camera.” So I did.
Our food was fine and the lady that ran it was really nice. I was quite repulsed by all the dead animals hanging on the wall but we were able to find a table without any carcasses hanging DIRECTLY over our table. Sophie’s really into cowboys lately and I tried to get her to take a picture with Mr. Squareshooter, she was all for it until she got too close and saw how HUGE and scary looking he was. Thanks for the “adventure” honey, I still love you.
5 comments:
I'm glad you still love your hubby :) That is too funny! As always, such cute pictures!
PS, I'd love to have you post some recipes!! If you want to send me an e-mail (mindeeh@gmail.com) with your best e-mail address, I'll make you an author :)
That's a funny story. Good thing the carcass wasn't near.
Definitely an adventure! Your girls look cute everywhere!
Glad your "adventure turned out pretty good! We're going to need to get a van sometime in the future, not very much fits in our little Honda!
Glad your "adventure turned out pretty good! We're going to need to get a van sometime in the future, not very much fits in our little Honda!
Post a Comment