Tuesday, December 16, 2008

why won’t she come out already!!!

Okay so I am LOSING IT here!!  I really shouldn’t complain because I am not due for another 9 days but I feel like I am 2 weeks over due since I expected her to come early like Sophie did.  I knew it could happen, I could go until my due date but didn’t think it really would.  And it’s not just for selfish reasons that I am upset, ok… well mostly selfish. :)  But I would REALLY REALLY REALLY like to be there for my brother’s wedding on the 30th and every day that passes with this baby not being born makes that possibility less likely.  Plus Dan and I both have siblings coming to Utah from out of town that we don’t get to see often (and won’t get to see until either next summer or next Christmas!) that we would really like to see.  I don’t know how people go past their due date without losing their minds… any ideas?  Oh and you can forget about the home remedies for inducing labor, we’ve tried them all and they don’t work!  They do work for giving me painful contractions for awhile, but they always stop and I don’t go into labor.  So I am turned off to those, just more pain and disappointment.  I am trying to keep a good attitude and realize that the Lord knows what’s best and maybe we’re just not meant to go to Utah, but I am still really sad about it.  Phew, sorry for all the complaining, I just wanted to vent a bit.  Oh wait, one more thing to complain about and then I’ll stop.  Sophie is sick, she has thrown up the past 2 nights and the nurse said to expect diarrhea for a week following the up chucks.  Yucky, it’s hard enough for me to leave Sophie with someone else to take care of her while I’m in the hospital, but it’s asking a lot of someone to clean up your kid’s barf and poop!  Ok, I’m done with the negativity.  On the bright side I go to the doctor’s tomorrow and she’s going to strip my membranes again, maybe it will work this time!!  Cross your fingers for me, but don’t hold your breath.

7 comments:

Min and Mary said...

What game is this baby playing!? Hang in there, I'm sure she's just planning a grand entrance. I had strong contractions with Freddie for about a month before he finally decided to turn the switch. Totally different from numero uno. Every kid's different, I guess. We want you to come to Utah, too, so I'll cross my fingers, hold my breath, knock on wood, etc, etc.

Nicole said...

I hope she comes and we get to see you. I kind of thought she would, I had 2 friends that just had their 2nd and they were both early. Hopefully she still will be!

mommaquincy said...

I think you are being very patient! I wish that she was already here and I was on my way to Denver to see her, but I know that the longer she has in the oven the better for her. Well until Christmas, that is. Hang in there! Maybe all of Sophie's diaper changes will bring on labor tomorrow!

Ann said...

Your doing ok, you don't want to push anything too much because then you might have the labor you never wanted. (aka a c-section) I was really close to one with Melody and it scared me big time. I'm never going to force me kid to come earlier than they want to again. Think happy thoughts and relax, relaxing can do a lot too.

Ali said...

I have a feeling she's coming soon!!

I can totally understand your frustration. You're justified... She'll be here soon.
my advice is lots and lots of marital "relations" if you catch my drift.

Can you believe I just typed that? Ha!

mommaquincy said...

Now that you just called to tell me that she's here, this blog post is kind of funny. Congrats Jess and Tessa! Welcome to this cold world!

Crafty Momma said...

I'm sorry! but not that sorry ;) I went 4 days after mine before I even went to the hospital to get everything checked out and then she wasn't born until the next day after inducing me! But you would think if you went early with your first, your second would be about the same. I'm sure it's tard around the holidays too. Hang in there and just try to have an open mind about her delivery and know that she will come when she is supposed to. At least it looks like it will be a quick delivery when she does come. Good Luck and I hope Sophie gets better soon.