Saturday evening (after the Utah football game, GO UTES!!) we went to A Taste of Colorado celebration downtown. We took the light rail down, Sophie thought that was pretty cool, and said, "choo choo!" most of the way. The festival was full of food booths from local restaurants where you could purchase meals or just samples of their best dishes. It was fun to try out a bunch of restaurants at once to know where we want to visit another time. Sophie's favorite was the roasted corn. Dan and I both liked the bacon wrapped chicken from Texas de Brazil. They also had merchants selling all sorts of stuff, and rides! We took Sophie on the train, she didn't have a lot of choices because she's not big enough for most rides. She got mad when I put the seat belt on her but was happy once the ride started. It was really crowded but we had a good time, I'm glad we went.
We had big plans for Monday that didn't all work out... I woke up early and made cinnamon streusel muffins for breakfast which were delicious! Then we went swimming, Sophie is getting so good! She can go across the pool by herself, she's just giddy being able to get around on her own she waves and says, "hi hi hi hi," over and over again. While Sophie was napping Dan and I watched the movie Serentiy. It's a great show but kind of scary. :) We were planning on going over the the Children's Museum after Soph woke up but as I was looking up the address I found out they close at 4:00! Sophie didn't wake up until after 2:00, so we decided to go another time. But we did go down to the mall to let Soph play in the play area there. I got to do some shopping for my upcoming birthday and I found a new maternity dress! I am really happy about that. It was nice to spend time together, I just love my little girl and husband so much!!Here are a few random pictures from last week I wanted to share. Some of Sophie's favorite toys come from the kitchen and this colander is her #1 fav, she holds it over her face like a fencing mask. Here's Soph just chowing down at a stake YW's activity. She ate about half my hamburger and an entire hot dog that night! Plus, who knows how many chips and peas... I think she may be having a growth spurt soon with the way she's been eating. The last one is from a morning when she found Dan's goggles, I thought they would bother her and she'd take them right off. But she wore them for about 3 hours!! She even watched Sesame Street with them on. What a silly girl.

Hope you all had a nice holiday!!!
9 comments:
Wow! I think that her legs have grown a couple of inches since she was here. I love the googles on her. Maybe she need some green nerdy ones to go with her nerd suit! I'm glad you had a fun Labor Day! I remember being in labor with you on Labor Day!
Fun times! I LOVE stuff like that. That's why I love summer. I like Sophie's shoes, darling.
Fun! That's the kind of stuff we need to find out about here. It looks like Sophie has grown so much since we saw her! Hopefully she won't be too much bigger in December!
Looks like you had a fun Labor Day. Ours was fun as well. I absolutely love the last pics of Sophie. She is so adorable! The goggles definitely fit her cute personality...and sounds like she's growing if she's downing all that food : ) Super cute!!!
I am impressed with the little fish you have! I guess having a swimmer mommy helps!!! It looks like she will follow in your footsteps ;)
Very fun times. I had to post and tell you I love the photos from the post before of the splash pad. That looks like so much fun. Where is it? I love the picture of Dan flying off the slide.
I want to see more belly shots of you. Hope you are doing well. Love ya
That's really funny that she kept the goggles on for so long. She is so cute, and I love the colander pictures.
I like your new header! I'm so proud that one of the pictures I took made it!
ooo I love the goggles picture! What a cutie :)
Post a Comment