Monday, April 21, 2008

money, money, money.... MONEY!

I am feeling pretty rich tonight. I was recruited at a Target store Friday night to participate in a focus group. I drove down town at 3:00 to an office where they had us sign some stuff about being video taped. And then they drove us to a Target (there were 6 of us) in this nice little bus that was like a limo on the inside. We were taken in one at a time and shown a display and were recorded as we gave our opinion of it and what we would change. We drove back to the office where they gave us some food and debriefed us about what we saw. We were done at 7:00 and given $150 cash!!! Pretty sweet huh? I think I will buy myself something pretty.


Here is a COMPLETELY unrelated scrapbook page. I took these Sunday afternoon in Sophie's room. I just thought she looked so cute in her little ducky dress. Sidenote: the reason it is so small is that it is actually size 3 months... at least she has nice legs! I also included a picture of her wearing the same dress a year ago when she was 2 months old. Sad, I know, but I like the dress and the buttons still close... so she wore it!

7 comments:

Jason-Mindi-Porter-Ellery said...

Knowing that we are in the same situation what a lucky day $150! Wahoo!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! How do you get hooked up with such a sweet deal at target? That is so awesome!!!
I love it that you can still get the same cute dress on Sophie a year later! Dallin is WAY too fat to fit into anything that he wore last year and Deklan is too tall!

Dannenbergs said...

Those ducky pictures are adorable! I especially like the look on her face in the ones where she's standing up.

Janalee said...

I love that you put her in that dress a year later just because you like it - is there any better reason? She looks way cute. Also, way to go on the target thing - gotta love being paid for anything to do with shopping!

The Hulls said...

That is awesome that you got $150!!! Sophie is so cute in her little duckie dress!!

Ann said...

Ya I think you should buy a plane ticket to come and see us! Or something shinney is cool too. :)

Kolbi Young said...

Nice work, Jessica! I have actually facilitated and conducted focus groups with my work, and I always think it is so interesting to hear people's opinions. You may think that you have a great idea or advertising concept, but after testing it, you realize....maybe that is not the right message or idea. Oh, well...I always think they are fun to do. I also love easy cash!!!