Thursday, April 24, 2008

missing Dad...

Dan's in his last week of class before finals and we're already starting to feel the strain. He's had to stay at school a bit more, we know it will get worse over the next few weeks but Sophie finds little ways to remember her dad while he's gone all day...

The "peeping tom" picture needs an explanation because I think it's HILARIOUS!! I know I probably shouldn't encourage this behavior... but I sort of do. Let me explain myself, Dan is very worried about Sophie seeing him dressed inappropriately, worst of all NAKED! I've tried to explain to him that she doesn't care or even notice. She sees me naked everyday, no big deal right? Someone told me children don't have any permanent memories prior to age 3. Dan's always been funny about this, even when she was a newborn who didn't even open her eyes he'd get really mad at me if I walked into the bed room with her while he was getting dressed. Anyway, I think he's being ridiculous and think it's so funny to tease him. Sophie started getting curious about the shower going in the morning and was very happy to find that her dad was in there when she pulled back the curtain. Now she thinks of it as a game, she'll just sit there with the curtain pulled back and get her face and hair all wet just smiling at Dan. I can't stop laughing because Dan is incredibly uncomfortable trying to hide in the shower while sweet innocent little Sophie is laughing at him thinking he's being funny!! So what do I do? Take a picture of course. As for the other two, fairly self-explanatory, Sophie really likes to wear her Dad's hat. The funny thing is that once she has it on she has to walk around, what's the point of wearing a hat without strutting? Sophie put Dan's basketball jersey on the other day while I was doing laundry and was SO proud of herself, as you clearly can see.

In other news; Sophie's been a little under the weather. She seems to have some sort of stomach flu except that she has no other signs of being sick (aside from the throwing up, sorry to be so graphic). Anyway, I have been taking her temperature with her ear thermometer (much quicker and easier than the rectal variety!). Since we put it in her ear she thinks it's a cell phone. She has been walking around holding it up to her ear saying "HI!" the last couple days I think it is incredibly cute.

11 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

How cute! Your peeping tom story is hilarious! I know what you mean about not having a husband (or dad) around during finals week! That's why I just came to UT during finals! :) But luckily his LAST final is tomorrow! Yay!

Anonymous said...

LOL!! That is so cute. I love it! Dallin will sometimes hold his shoe up to his ear or the remote control and pretend they are phones, but he HATES the ear thermometer. How sad, my kids had a very similar bug a couple of weeks ago. I hope she gets feeling better soon.
I also love the story about Sophie peeking in at Dan. Heston is the same way about the boys seeing him naked. I am thinking what's the big deal, they are boys too! So funny!

mommaquincy said...

Hi Jess! Sorry Sophie is sick, but she is incredibly cute! I think that the peeping tom story is hilarious! Its especially hard to have Sophie sick with Dan so busy! Take care of yourself, too!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

How funny! Brady acts the same way with Brinklee! These dads are funny aren't they??? Your little Sophie is so so so cute!!! She is close to my little girls age. How fun. Time to have another one right??? Ha Ha. Tell Dan good luck on finals. I am so glad Brady doesn't have to do that anymore. I know that feeling all too well! Good luck. Oh yeah, blogger wouldn't show my video, so I uploaded it to photobucket.com. It can also do slideshows and cool stuff.

Teandra said...

That's funny. We kind of feel that way with our cats...

Kolbi Young said...

This is great! She is such a funny little girl! Have you seen the new thermometers that you can rub across their forehead, so you don't have to go prodding and poking? They are pretty cool! It is funny to hear the Sophie thinks it is a cell phone! Whatever makes it easier to take her temp, right!?!

cami said...

I love it that Sophie just laughs while Dan tries to hide in the shower. Too funny. Hope she feels better soon :(

Anonymous said...

Dan I feel your pain.... Although I mean I guess you shouldn't feel akward, i forgot how to spell, about it but for some reason I would. hehe, anyhow funny =D

The Hulls said...

Sophie is so cute! Your peeping tom story made me laugh! As for the not seeing Dan much, we feel you pain :)

The Allens said...

I'm sorry you guys were sick...I wish I would have known! But I'm glad you are all feeling better and can come back walking with us.
So I laughed so hard at the peeping tom story! There's something about finding someone in the shower that kids love! Sophie looks so much older in the picture of her with Dan's jersey on. Must be the pigtails!

jaredelizabeth said...

I love the peeping tom story....it made me laugh....and I need a good laugh right now.....I am so mad about the snow I could scream!!! I told Mason to go yell at the snow to go away.....he did, but it didn't help much.