Sunday, April 14, 2013

Sophie’s 6th Birthday

Sophie wanted to bring pokeball cookies for a treat to her kindergarten class on her birthday.  I told her that some of her class-mates may not know what pokeballs are, so she drew this helpful sign.  Dan’s got her SO into pokemon lately!  I think it started because he thought she might like it and showed her a few episodes, now they happily watch it together on Saturday mornings. :)  I think she’s adorable!

pokeball cookies 4 Sophie pokemon pictures 2pokeball cookies 2 2.19.13 soph

Here’s Sophie opening presents early in the morning on her birthday, she is always spoiled by her wonderful grandparents.

2.19.13 tess soph presents 2.19.13 cake soph decorated 

Sophie wrote the 6 and her name on this cake by herself, pretty cute.  She’s already in her favorite PJ’s, one of Dan’s shirt the girls lovingly call, “a daddy shirt!!”

2.19.13 soph cake 3 2.19.13 soph cake 5

I went over my usually very strict birthday present budget and got Sophie a new bike.  She really wanted a new one, her old one has been too small for her for 2 years now!  She still tried to ride it last year with her knees hitting the handle bars, poor girl.  She has been telling me for months she wants a new bike and she was so persistent!  Everyday when she was leaving for school she would remind me I needed to go to the store while she was gone and get her bike, then she’d ask me afterwards if I got it.  She’s still on training wheels but she tried 2-wheels for the first time a couple weeks ago, she still needs more practice, but she’s excited!

2.19.13 soph riding new bike 2 2.19.13 soph riding new bike 4

I love you Sophie!  You are so energetic, imaginative, fun, ticklish, and obedient (almost all of the time)! Our family is lucky to have you!!

2 comments:

Ann said...

Love you Sophie! Looks like you had a blast! :)

mommaquincy said...

the cookies are very cool! Nice job! The bike is awesome, too!