I love how Tessa arranges Nativities, so practical, that’s probably how it really was, everyone gathered around instead of the line up. She wants to make sure they can all see baby Jesus.
Speaking of Nativities… we had a live nativity at our ward Christmas party. Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus were a family with a brand new baby (girl), the Young Women were angels, the Young Men were shepherds and the 3 wise men were the Bishop and his counselors. I liked it.
I feel like these kids are part of my family! I’ve been serving in Young Women’s for 4 1/2 years now and I love them. Makes me sad that when I move I won’t see them much.
We made a gingerbread house at our table, couldn’t quite fit our whole last name on there. The girls thought it was pretty impressive though… or maybe they were just happy there was so much candy (notice their cheeks are both full).
Jacob’s hair looked better when I did it with some gel for the 1st time. By the way, I tried to put him in this outfit a couple weeks ago and I couldn’t button the bottom, and the sleeves went up to his elbows! Sheesh he’s growing fast. Here’s the kids singing for Santa to come to town.
Sophie loved Santa and had a lot to tell him! Tessa was scared of him again this year and wouldn’t go near him. Though randomly just the other day she exclaimed, “Mommy, I not scared of Santa anymore! I want to sit on his lap!!” A little too late Tessa, sorry. :)
This was my favorite part of the party (after the nativity of course) they had gourmet hot chocolate! 4 different flavors, all secret family recipes. I got Christmas in a cup, but there was pumpkin spice and… some others, I forgot.
My good friend Rachel was in charge of this party and she did an AMAZING job! We had so much fun.
3 comments:
So fun! I wonder if Tessa will like Santa when its time to sit on his lap again!
This post makes me miss Denver. I wish that we could have been there for the party. It looks like it was really fun! That hot chocolate sounds delicious as well.
I love all your posts, but I'm dying to see pictures of your house. Maybe I should just show up at your door step :)
Post a Comment