My dear husband just emailed me this article. Made me feel valuable. Homemaking is a very difficult and often thankless job, this article tries to come up with what your average homemaker should make a year in today’s world. I thought it was a fun read.
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/much-homemaker-worth-182358580.html
Great quote I stole from my aunt’s blog about parenting/homemaking:
"While it takes courage to achieve greatness, it takes more courage to find fulfillment in being ordinary. What is the adventure in being ordinary? It is daring to love just for the pleasure of giving it away. It is venturing to give new life and to nurture it to maturity. It is working hard for the pure joy of being tired at the end of the day. It is caring and sharing and giving and loving, because we trust our ordinary lives in the hands of an extraordinary God. There are no Oscars or medals awarded for any of these pursuits. But then, no piece of gold or bronze statue can sum up their worth." (Marilyn Thomsen)
2 comments:
I'm sending Dean the bill....times by 30 years, sweet!
Impressive! If we only had an extra $100K we could pay someone else to do all the dirty work. On another topic, I'm glad to read your new posts, but even happier thinking that you can detach yourself from the computer for other priorities. Good luck with the house!
Post a Comment