So this is out of order… oops! I posted the rest of my June pictures before I finished my Utah ones from May. Oh well!
Wheeler Farm
My mom brought a huge bag of old hamburger buns for the kids to feed to the ducks and geese. Sophie was all over that! Tessa was terrified, especially as there got to be more and more. I don’t blame her, I don’t trust any animals wild or domestic. Sophie scares me to death sometimes.
Sydney is more like Sophie, fearless. She just laughed at the geese.
Photo op!! (We can’t help ourselves.)
The {exciting} animal pictures!
I forgot how ugly turkeys are, yikes! Here’s PROOF that Tessa summoned the courage to pet a goat.
CHEESERS by the cow cage! My Dad is so good with the grandkids.
Tessa in TIME OUT, I don’t remember the reason but I am sure she deserved it! Just cracked me up to see her sitting on a bench all alone screaming her guts out while Dan pretended not to notice as he watched her. Parenting can be so fun! :) All the cousins except Elliot who was either nursing or asleep in the stroller.
Not sure why, but sticks are a really cool toy. Never met a kid who didn’t love to find sticks to hold. My girls got quite the collection that day.
Back Home (at my parents’)
Crazy Sophie horse enjoying the new horses Grandma got and the dress from her Great Grandma (yes, red velvet with fur trim is ALWAYS in season.) Tessa is off her rocker too.
Sydney joined the crazy girl ranks as well! Elliot’s just plain cute. She’s looking at her dad in this picture, they adore one another.
This picture isn’t in very good focus but I had to throw in the nose crinkle, she gets that from her mom. Adorable huh? The 2nd picture is Josh imitating Elliot’s expression at the fan, sometimes parents are funnier to photograph than the babies.
Sophie getting some air time, love the determination on her face! Grandma holding the little ones’ hands so they don’t fall over, little do they know she’s just as likely to loose her balance! :)
Well, that’s all for tonight! I guess there will have to be a part 3 because I need to go to bed!
BTW – Here’s a little pregnancy update, since I am sure I will want to remember and really stink at writing in my journal. Monday was crazy, I thought I was in labor ALL DAY. I felt lousy starting at 6am and couldn’t sleep. I was achy in my back and crampy in the front, I had irregular contractions (meaning tightening of my stomach) all morning, but the aching was constant. I tried to sleep while the girls were napping but couldn’t, so I called and talked to my mom who thought I was in labor and advised me to arrange babysitters but try to sleep. Dan was 2 hours away from home at this point (in court). Anyway, I tried a hot shower for the aching as the midwife suggested and that worked. But I continued contracting. But they weren’t increasing in intensity so I didn’t worry about it. I finally started timing the contractions at 4pm and they were 10 min apart, they would go down to 2 min apart and I would start to get nervous that we should leave for the hospital but then they next couple would be 10 min apart again! I ended up packing my hospital bag (which I needed to do anyway), cleaning the bathrooms and bed sheets (since someone would be spending the night at our house) while Dan did the dishes. At 8 they still weren’t increasing in intensity and the frequency would increase and then decrease, so I decided to try and sleep since I was so exhausted. My contractions woke me at 9, I watched a little Top Gear with Dan to distract me then went back to bed about 11, expecting to be woke up in labor at any time. I woke again with hard contractions at 1am but they weren’t consistently close together enough for me to wake Dan up. But they kept me awake until 4am. I was able to sleep until 6 when the girls got up. After that, NOTHING! No more than 5 or 6 contractions all day Tuesday, I felt lousy (probably from lack of sleep) but no contractions. Today (Wednesday) has been the same story. I saw the midwife today and she checked me… still at a 3-ish! I didn’t dialate any more after all those contractions! I was pretty surprised. I did efface a bit though, now at 80%. She said that it “feels like” I will deliver very soon, his head is very low and my cervix is very “ripe.” I will be 38 weeks on Saturday, with Tessa I was at a 4 and 80% effaced at 38 weeks and I didn’t have her until 39 weeks. So I figure I’ve got at least 1 more week left. But boy do I feel like I’ve already done it! Monday was exhausting. But good practice… I guess.
3 comments:
I hate to say it, but I think that Dan's birthday would be a great day for a baby! One more week?
I wish your girls were here today!!
UGH! False labor is THE WORST! I am SO sorry! Any day now though!:)
Looks like you guys had a fun trip to Utah! You're doing so great in your pregnancy. You always look so good and stay so active!
Post a Comment