Saturday, June 4, 2011

2011 Resolution Space Organization: April

May new years resolution - cleaning routine

So this post is really late, and kind of not a space organization… but it was something that keeps my house organized and clean in general and I really needed to do it!!  So I found this little worksheet on this blog and used it to make a new cleaning schedule.  It’s working really well so far and I’ll tell you why.  I have made a rule for myself that I have to:

1. exercise

2. do my cleaning for the day

3. shower

all before I get on the computer!  That’s my weakness. I will hop on the computer in the morning to “check my email” and I end up checking blogs, looking at houses, checking craig’s list, editing pictures, until suddenly the morning is gone and we need to be somewhere and I never have time to do my chores after that.  I have been surprised how little time it takes me each day to stay on top of things, depending on my assigned chore for that day it only takes me 15 to 30 min of cleaning each morning!  So far so good, I hope I can keep it up, that’s the hard part. :)

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Love this! I do the same thing... I'll just "CHECK MY EMAIL." Great idea to stay on top of things!

Nate and Kim said...

That looks like such a good idea Jessica! I need to print that off and put it up on my fridge too!