Sunday, June 1, 2008

I wanna be like my mom

Sophie wants to be doing EVERYTHING that I am doing with me. Which means she wants to be up on my level. Which usually means me holding her... which can be tiring since she's on her way to 25 pounds! Last week I decided that mixing cookies was a fairly safe activity she could help me with. She thought it was pretty cool. Although I am getting more whale-like everyday, I still thought this was a pretty cute picture of us cooking together. (Sidenote: You can't tell she's mine can you? It's very apparent to me in this photo that she looks just like Dan and nothing like me... she's so lucky to have his pretty blue eyes.) Sophie also enjoys brushing her hair and teeth with me. I think it is so sweet, I love being a mom and teaching her so many little things for the first time. It is so great to see the world through her eyes. My new favorite thing that she's learned is how to pray. She won't close her eyes but whenever I fold my arms she thinks it's prayer time and she'll fold hers and start mumbling.


The big news this week though is that my little brother Jack came home from his mission in New Jersey! YEAH!!! I can't hardly wait to see him and introduce him to Sophie this weekend at our family reunion in Houston!!

This is just a random video taken this week of Sophie laughing hysterically at her Dad, she thinks the weirdest things are funny sometimes.

10 comments:

Jack Quincy said...

Sophie sounds really Happy. I Can't wait to see you guys at the family reunion too.

Ann said...

Silly Sophie. Don't you just love how much they truley want to "help." All you guys need are some matching aprons and you'll be good to go!

Anonymous said...

That video of Sophie laughing is AWESOME!!! I love it!! I also really love the picture of you two making cookies! That is one of my favorite things to do with the boys!
That's funny that you say Sophie doesn't look like your baby...Dallin is the same way! I have had people even ask, "that's not your baby is it?" I have also ran into people that we know and they don't recognize me, but they will recognize Dallin as Heston's baby!!!
Oh, and yeah right, YOU???Look like a whale???? You couldn't if you tried!!!!!!!!!!

Brady, Emily, Brinklee, Adri (Private) said...

Congrats on your brother coming home! That is so exciting! I love the video of Sophie laughing. How cute! I wanted to ask you, how old is Sophie now???

mommaquincy said...

I love that laugh! Its music to my ears! I'm sure that Dan appreciates you teaching Sophie to make cookies. Daughters are much more willing to do it than wives in later years.

cami said...

I was laughing so hard watching that video! Hilarious! Matt thinks it's great that you're teaching her to splash all over the bathroom at such a young age :)

Cieslak Family said...

Send it in to AFV!! The laughing babies always win!

Kolbi Young said...

Don't worry, Jess....maybe baby #2 will get his/her mama's good looks! It is amazing how strong Dan's genes came out in Sophie, though...isn't it? You would think that the dark hair and eyes would be more prominent. She is beautiful, either way!!! I think we are destined to have brunette children with hazel eyes....

Tracy Giles said...

I love her laugh!!! That's a great video, you'll be glad you have it years from now.

Janalee said...

I love it! She is getting so big. It's funny how they think they are adults - Kate calls kids bigger than she is babies - just their own view of the world I guess. By the way, you look great!